The holidays are time of the year when packages start arriving at your front door. Be aware that it’s also the time of the year when thieves are on their own shopping spree and brazenly picking up packages from front porches.
Simple steps you can take to keep your packages safe
- Leave delivery instructions for the delivery person
- Use signature confirmation
- Ask a neighbor to pick up your package if you know you won’t be home
- Have it delivered to your work place or the post office or UPS store where you know it will be safe
- Don’t leave empty boxes for big ticket items at the curb for thieves to know what valuables you’ve recently purchased
- A security system with the camera pointing at the front porch can help